Berks Encore @ Work
Taking Care of Business and Your Team
Get the Facts and Know Your Options
According to the US General Accounting Office, each year, US employers lose an estimated $11.4 billion in productivity from full-time employees who must take time off from work to fulfill their duties as caregivers. Care giving is a family affair, with 80 percent of all care provided to older adults in the United States being done by a family member. Although businesses are seeing an increase in caregiving-related staffing problems, many do not have a plan in place to assist the caregivers.
Recognizing the negative impact that this changing trend may have on local businesses, Berks Encore created Berks Encore @ Work. This offering provides a variety of on-site group education and counseling services on the most pressing aging issues. Our on-site education sessions are provided by trained staff along with a local elder law attorney when applicable.
Topics Covered by Berks Encore @ Work
- Asset Protection Planning
- Long-Term Living Options: Types of care, costs of local facilities, financing options
- Medicare Benefits and Supplemental Insurance options
- Power of Attorney (POA): What You Need To Know
- What Every Child Should Know: The Encore Years