Berks Encore @ Nite
The information you and your family need to age well, on your schedule.
Berks Encore @ Nite program provides informational and educational programming to those who work or are unavailable during the day. The program’s evening sessions allow boomers and families of seniors to receive important information about the aging process and issues that affect their families.
Berks Encore @ Nite Programs
On the second Thursday of each month, Berks Encore’s staff present evening programs at Penn State Health St. Joseph’s Bern Campus. The Berks Encore @ Nite series focuses on topics such as Medicare, powers of attorney, asset protection, and long-term living options. The sessions begin at 6:30 pm and generally last an hour. Please note that some sessions may occur on other days and at other locations, pending room availability.
Berks Encore @ Nite 2017 Programs
2017 Berks Encore @ Nite Programs – brought to you by Aetna
- March 9 – Powers of Attorney/Living Will: St. Joseph Medical Center @ 6:30 pm. Why is a POA important? What are the requirements under a POA? This session will be taught by William Blumer, CELA.
- April 13 – Identifying Addictions In Seniors: St. Joseph Medical Center @ 6:30 pm. This session will be taught by Caron Treatment Center staff.
- May 11 – Making Social Security a Part of Your Retirement Planning: St. Joseph Medical Center @ 6:30 pm. Learn the rules of Social Security and collection strategies to consider. This session will be taught by Michael Bucklin, PNC Workplace.
- June 8 – Ace Your Retirement: St. Joseph Medical Center @ 6:30 pm. This session will be taught by Socrates Georgeadis, Esq., and Tom Williams, CPA, CFP.
- July 13 – Paying for Long Term Care – Federal Assistance: St. Joseph Medical Center @ 6:30 pm. Panel discussion.
- August 10 – Qualifying for Federal Assistance & Your Assets: St. Joseph Medical Center @ 6:30 pm. This session will be taught by William Blumer, CELA.
- September 14 – Life Care Contracts: Are They Right For You?: St. Joseph Meidcal Center @ 6:30 pm. Panel discussion.
A schedule is also available in each issue of Berks Encore News.
All 2017 sessions brought to you by
Curious about joining Berks Encore @ Nite? Start by contacting us today!
We Need Your Input
To make this program a success, we want to hear from you to learn what other types of programming you would like to see included as part of Berks Encore @ Nite. Please call 610.374.3195, ext. 233 or email ApplaudingLife@BerksEncore.org for more information.