Medicare Counseling Services
Aging is becoming increasingly complex, and healthcare is no exception.
Through Berks Encore’s APPRISE program, trained staff and volunteers can assist you with your insurance-related needs, including:
- 2017 Medicare Advantage Plans and Current Medicare Costs
- Free Notary Service
- Health insurance counseling
- LIHEAP (Fuel Assistance)
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D
- Medical Assistance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D and Medicare Part D Savings Program
- PACEplus (Prescription Assistance)
- Pennsylvania Food Stamps: Click here to download an application form
- Produce Vouchers
- Rent and Property Tax Rebates
- Supplemental Insurance/Medigap Plans
To qualify for Medicare, a person needs to be 65 years of age or disabled for 25 months. There is no age limit for persons with End Stage Renal disease or with ALS.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Berks Encore counselor, please contact us directly. Appointments can also be made at any center. If you would rather have us review your information with you over the phone or via email, please click here to download a request form that can be mailed to the address given, faxed to: 610-374-3483, or emailed to APPRISE@BerksEncore.org.
New to Medicare?
Berks Encore provides ongoing community programs for those who are new to Medicare. Please click here to view a current list of available educational opportunities.
During the 2013 Annual Election Period (October-December):
- 1,400 seniors saved an average of $780 a year on their annual Medicare premiums as a result of meeting with a Berks Encore counselor.
- Nearly 4,000 people attended Medicare and Supplemental Insurance, Insurance Under the Affordable Care Act, Powers of Attorney, Asset Protection Planning, Caring for Your Parents, and Senior Fraud education sessions provided by Berks Encore