We are growing!
We are looking for an experienced Care Manager to join our team.
Care Manager Job Description:
Full Time – 35 hours/week
$32,000-$40,000 Salaried position
The Care Manager will be instrumental in completing initial assessments for our Care+ and BeNourished programs. They will be responsible for fielding incoming referrals from hospital discharges and doctor referrals, as well as scheduling in-home visits, and managing/coordinating the delivery of services needed to meet each consumer’s needs. The Care Manager will work closely with doctor’s, community participants, family, and the Berks Encore VP of social services to coordinate comprehensive care. Bilingual skills a definite plus.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Act as a support system for both client and family
- Develop educational resources to assist each client in understanding the services available to their individual needs.
- Complete home visits
- Track progress and report findings to family, doctor, and Berks Encore
- Provide ongoing monitoring
Role of Fee for Service Care Manager
Screening referrals: The Care Manager will receive incoming referrals, review them for accuracy/ appropriateness for the program, and complete data entry for all new referrals.
Scheduling: The Care Manager will be in charge of managing their own initial home visits to meet the client and their family. Follow up calls and visits will be at the care managers discretion.
Education: The Care Manager will research and determine the best informational material for each client based on their diagnosis/ need, and arrange for this material to be presented to the consumer, while also being available for questions and consultation as needed.
Record Keeping: Case notes will be made to track interactions with each client, and assist with tracking progress or the need for modification to meet each individual’s needs. Assessments will also be entered into a database upon completion of initial visit.
- 2-year Associate’s Degree, 4-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with older adults with varying medical needs
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving history, and reliable vehicle required
- Dietary, medical, or social work background preferred
- 1-2 years of case management experience preferred
- Possess advanced writing and typing skills to compose case notes and track progress
- Requires excellent listening skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work from home as needed
- Ability to operate various office related equipment (telephone, fax, copier, computer)
- Knowledge of social service programs in Berks County
- Outgoing personality and ability to engage with older adults
- A 35-hour work week is mandatory for this position, operating within the hours of 8am-4pm.
- Berks Encore Reading Center
- On the road
- Ability to work from home
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Katie Rex, VP of Social Services firstname.lastname@example.org