Confused About Retirement Benefits? We Can Help!
You just turned 65. Now What?
Knowing how to access and make the most of your retirement benefits is important. Berks Encore can help with our monthly “Your Retirement, Your Benefits” sessions. Come and learn about the basics of Medicare and Social Security, how and when to enroll, how you can supplement your Medicare benefits, what Medicare coverage will cost and what financial assistance is available.
These sessions take place every fourth Monday of the month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
To register for this educational event, please call (610) 374-3195, x208.
2019 Community Information Sessions
The following community information sessions are scheduled to review Medicare basics and changes for the new year as well as how you can supplement Medicare and the general plan changes for 2019. All sessions begin at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
- January 28: Country Meadows, 1800 Tulpehocken Rd.
- February 25: Berks Encore Fleetwood Center, 109 W. Vine St.
- March 25: Keystone Villa Douglassville, 1180 Ben Franklin Hwy.
- April 29: Mifflin Court, 450 Philadelphia Ave., Shillington
- May 20: Rittenhouse Senior Living, 2900 Lawn Terrace, Reading
- June 24: HealthSouth Reading Rehab: 1623 Morgantown Rd.
- July 22: Reading Hospital, 5th Ave. Conference Center, (5:30-7 pm)
- August 26: Keystone Villa, 501 Hoch Rd, Blandon
- September 30: Manor Care, 3000 Windmill Rd., Sinking Spring
- October 10 (Thursday): Penn State Health/St. Joseph Medical Center, Rt. 183
Want to schedule a presentation for your retiree or employee group, church group, or other community group? Call Kaitlin Becker at 610-374-3195 x216 or email her at KBecker@BerksEncore.org to learn more.
Navigating the Medicare System
Watch Berks Encore’s Dot Hartman as she joins Ann Barlet to discuss how to navigate the Medicare system on BCTV. Thanks to our friends at the Berks County Area Agency on Aging for underwriting this important four-part series on retirement planning.
Still Have Questions? APPRISE is here.
Berks Encore’s APPRISE counselors are available for free, one-on-one appointments at any of our six centers. APPRISE is a free health insurance counseling program for Pennsylvanians with Medicare. Berks Encore’s APPRISE counselors are available to help you understand your Medicare benefits. These unbiased and friendly counselors will help you understand all of your options. Appointments are available year round. Call 610-374-3195, x208 or email CColon@BerksEncore.org to make your appointment.