Medicare Counseling Services
Be confident about aging! Berks Encore’s PA MEDI staff takes some of the guesswork out of your retirement.
Through Berks Encore’s PA MEDI program, trained staff and volunteers can assist you with your insurance-related needs, including:
- Medicare Advantage Plans and current Medicare Costs
- Free Notary Service
- Health insurance counseling
- LIHEAP (Fuel Assistance)
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D
- Medical Assistance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D and Medicare Part D Savings Program
- PACEplus (Prescription Assistance)
- Pennsylvania Food Stamps: Click here to download an application form
- Produce Vouchers
- Rent and Property Tax Rebates
- Supplemental Insurance/Medigap Plans
What is Medicare?
Get the Facts about Medicare. Check out this presentation from the PA Department of Aging.
Confused About the A,B, C’s and D’s of Medicare?
Check out this video from Applauding Life After 50, Berks Encore’s BCTV monthly program. APPRISE counselor Maria Speicher visits with Lori Gerhart, show host, to explain Medicare parts A,B,C,&D and the Open Enrollment process.
To qualify for Medicare, a person needs to be 65 years of age or disabled for 25 months. There is no age limit for persons with End Stage Renal disease or with ALS.
To view a quick guide to Medicare benefits and coverage choices, please click here.
Schedule a Free Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Berks Encore counselor, please contact us directly. Appointments can be made at any Berks Encore Community Center. Please call 610-374-3195 ext. 208 or email us with your questions.
New to Medicare?
Berks Encore provides ongoing support for those who are new to Medicare. Due to COVID restrictions, we are no longer holding large group meetings, but will be happy to set up a phone or computer conference call. Please contact us for more information 610-374-3195 ext. 208.
We have added a schedule of zoom presentations to help you sort through the A, B, Cs & Ds of Medicare.
Monthly Zoom presentations on the 4th Monday of each month. To register, call 610-374-3195 ext. 208 and provide an email address to get the zoom link. Next session Monday May 24.
At a Glance: APPRISE 2020 Facts
- We helped more than 1200 seniors save almost $150,000 during the Annual Enrollment Period (October-December)
- We helped to realize an average of more than $125 of savings per person for those who changed plans.
- We can help you! You must make an appointment to meet with an APPRISE trained counselor. Call today at 610-374-3195 ext. 208.