Medicare Counseling Services
Be confident about aging! Berks Encore’s APPRISE staff takes some of the guesswork out of your retirement.
Through Berks Encore’s APPRISE program, trained staff and volunteers can assist you with your insurance-related needs, including:
- 2018 Medicare Advantage Plans and Current Medicare Costs
- Free Notary Service
- Health insurance counseling
- LIHEAP (Fuel Assistance)
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D
- Medical Assistance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D and Medicare Part D Savings Program
- PACEplus (Prescription Assistance)
- Pennsylvania Food Stamps: Click here to download an application form
- Produce Vouchers
- Rent and Property Tax Rebates
- Supplemental Insurance/Medigap Plans
To qualify for Medicare, a person needs to be 65 years of age or disabled for 25 months. There is no age limit for persons with End Stage Renal disease or with ALS.
Schedule a Free Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Berks Encore counselor, please contact us directly. Appointments can also be made at any center. If you would rather have us review your information with you over the phone or via email, please click here to download a request form that can be mailed to the address given, faxed to: 610-374-3483, or emailed to CColon@BerksEncore.org.
New to Medicare?
Berks Encore provides ongoing community programs for those who are new to Medicare. Please click here to view a current list of available educational opportunities.
At a Glance: APPRISE 2018 Facts
- We helped more than 1200 seniors save almost $230,000 during the Annual Enrollment Period (October-December)
- We helped to realize an average of $900 of savings per person for those who changed plans.