Medicare Counseling Services
Be confident about aging! Berks Encore’s APPRISE staff takes some of the guesswork out of your retirement.
Through Berks Encore’s APPRISE program, trained staff and volunteers can assist you with your insurance-related needs, including:
- Medicare Advantage Plans and current Medicare Costs
- Free Notary Service
- Health insurance counseling
- LIHEAP (Fuel Assistance)
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D
- Medical Assistance
- Low Income Subsidy for Medicare Part D and Medicare Part D Savings Program
- PACEplus (Prescription Assistance)
- Pennsylvania Food Stamps: Click here to download an application form
- Produce Vouchers
- Rent and Property Tax Rebates
- Supplemental Insurance/Medigap Plans
What is Medicare?
Check out this video from Applauding Life After 50, Berks Encore’s BCTV monthly program. APPRISE counselor Maria Speicher visits with Lori Gerhart, show host, to explain Medicare parts A,B,C,&D and the Open Enrollment process.
To qualify for Medicare, a person needs to be 65 years of age or disabled for 25 months. There is no age limit for persons with End Stage Renal disease or with ALS.
To view a listing of changes to Medicare, please click here. To view a quick guide to Medicare benefits and coverage choices, please click here.
Schedule a Free Appointment
To schedule an appointment with a Berks Encore counselor, please contact us directly. Appointments can also be made at any center, During COVID we are scheduling phone or computer conference calls. Please call 610-374-3195 ext. 208 or email CColon@BerksEncore.org
New to Medicare?
Berks Encore provides ongoing support for those who are new to Medicare. Due to COVID restrictions, we are no longer holding large group meetings, but will be happy to set up a phone or computer conference call. Please contact us for more information 610-374-3195 ext. 208.
At a Glance: APPRISE 2019 Facts
- We helped more than 1200 seniors save almost $122,000 during the Annual Enrollment Period (October-December)
- We helped to realize an average of $100 of savings per person for those who changed plans.
- We can help you! You must make an appointment to meet with an APPRISE trained counselor. Call today at 610-374-3195 ext. 208.