Turning 65 in 2019? Or maybe you’re a few years away, and want to get a head start on understanding your benefits? Berks Encore offers a variety of programs and services geared towards ensuring you’re able to access your benefits and can make confident, informed decisions about your retirement.
Our “Your Retirement, Your Benefits” series guides you step by step through some of the most important benefits decisions you’ll need to make when you retire: the basics of Medicare (how to enroll, how to supplement Medicare benefits, what Medicare coverage will cost, and what financial assistance is available) and the basics of Social Security.
There are a variety of seminar dates and locations available in 2019:
- May 20- Rittenhouse Senior Living, 2900 Lawn Terrace, Reading
- June 24 – Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital, 1623 Morgantown Road
- July 22 – Reading Hospital/Tower Health, 5th Ave. Conference Center (5:30-7 p.m.)
- August 26 – Keystone Villa, 501 Hoch Rd., Blandon
- Sept. 30 – ManorCare, 3000 Windmill Rd., Sinking Spring
- Oct. 10 (Thurs.) – Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center,2500 Bernville Road
All sessions start at 6:30 unless otherwise noted. Sessions are free but require registration. To register for a “Your Retirement, Your Benefits” education session or for more information, please call (610) 374-3195, x208.
APPRISE is a free health insurance counseling program to help Pennsylvania Medicare recipients understand their benefits. Berks Encore APPRISE counselors are available year-round to offer friendly, unbiased information and advice.
To schedule a private appointment with a Berks Encore counselor, call 610-374-3195, x208, or email APPRISE@BerksEncore.org. Appointments can be made at any of Berks Encore’s six centers.
If your retiree, employee, church, or community group is interested in an educational session, please contact Berks Encore at 610-374-3195, x208 or via email at Apprise@BerksEncore.org to schedule a presentation.