44 East Ave. P.O. Box 50
Strausstown, PA 19559
Center Manager: Andrea Gebely
Re-opening Monday July 13. You must call for reservations to participate in any program listed.
- Monday: Visit and socialize with Friends 10 am – 2 pm
- Tuesday: Chair Yoga with Jillian @ 10:15 am; Let’s make Watercolor Art @ 12:30 pm
- Wednesday: Chair Zumba @ 10:15 am; Bingo @ 12:30 pm
- Thursday: Chair Yoga with Jillian @ 10:15 am
Click here to view the Strausstown Menu for July
Currently all activities are cancelled.
- The center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am. – 3:00 pm.
- Pound Class every Monday 9:30 am ($8/class)
- Chair Yoga every Tuesday & Thursday 9:10 am ($5/class)
- Third Monday of the month 9am-12 pm – State Rep. Barry Jozwiak (available to assist with State Government services, forms and applications)
Strausstown Center: Meeting the Demands of the Local Community
Berks Encore opened the Strausstown center on January 6, 2014. The Strausstown center’s grand opening ceremony was held a week later on January 13, 2014.
The center is located on Route 183, near I-78 on the site of the refurbished Strausstown Elementary School. The Strausstown Community Campus, which includes the St. Joseph Regional Health Network’s newest Urgent Care and Family Medicine practice, is owned by the nonprofit Strausstown Volunteer Fire Company and Community Campus.
The community determined the need for a facility following a survey, conducted by Kutztown University and the Berks County Area Agency on Aging, of 5,000 residents in area including Strausstown, from Shartlesville to Bethel, and south to Bernville.