Choose your donation amount:
Choose recurring donation amount:
$10 Monthly Donation
$10.00 / month
$25 Monthly Donation
$25.00 / month
$50 Monthly Donation
$50.00 / month
$75 Monthly Donation
$75.00 / month
$100 Monthly Donation
$100.00 / month
$125 Monthly Donation
$125.00 / month
Through the generosity of people like you, Berks Encore’s programs and services have helped thousands of Berks County’s older adults.
This year is like no other. No one has been able to escape the uncertainty and hardships resulting from COVID-19. Our most vulnerable members are the most at-risk and in many cases are finding themselves isolated at home to stay safe and be well.Berks Encore is making sure we are there for our seniors even though they can no longer come to us.
- Many of our regular Meals on Wheels volunteers in the at-risk category understandably stayed home for their safety. Staff stepped up and filled in until new volunteers could be enlisted to make sure none of the 650 deliveries to homebound seniors were missed.
- With a 30% increase in demand for Meals on Wheels service, care managers are making phone assessments and enrolling new participants as quickly as possible.
- An anonymous donor provided funds to purchase enough food and supplies from Helping Harvest to fill 2000 emergency food boxes.
- Volunteers have adjusted to masks and social distance for packing meals and deliveries are now made to porches and breezeways in insulated coolers as physical contact is limited.
- Volunteers and staff continue grocery shopping for those who cannot get to a store.
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing has become the “new normal”.
But we have not escaped the impact of COVID-19. As the threat of the virus continues, our two major fundraising events, Community Breakfast and Senior Expo, are at risk of being cancelled due to restrictions on large gatherings. Without the dollars raised from these events, we are at risk of facing a reduction in our services at a time when the help is critical.
While it may seem like the world has stopped, our mission will not be placed on pause. Please DONATE TODAY to ensure that local seniors are fed and safe.
Donations can also be mailed, checks payable to:
40 N. 9th Street
Reading PA 19601